MyFirstGym’s School Readiness program has been designed for children who are about to start school and is a great way for them to be introduced to some of the elements of school. It will give them that little boost of confidence they may need to start their school adventure and help them meet new friends that will be attending the same school. It will also give you a sense of relief knowing that they will be well equipped for their first day of school.
Our program is run in the last few weeks of the school holidays before school starts. The program runs for 3 hours and includes a variety of activities both movement-based and school-based facilitated by the MyFirstGym Team.
Your child will have a lot of fun while making new friends before their big day.
What to Bring…
- Children come dressed in their school
- uniform just like they would for their first
- day of school
- School Hat
- School Bag
- Drink Bottle
- Packed lunch (Nut free) Remember whatever you put in your child’s lunch box they need to be able to open/unwrap themselves Any medical requirements eg. inhaler, epi-pen etc
Every child who attends our school readiness program will receive a completion certificate and a MyFirstGym gift pack!
School Readiness Program benefits…
- Practising putting on uniform, packing school bag & lunch box (at home)
- Practice saying goodbye before the big day will reduce separation anxiety
- Learn tips and tricks on how to socialise with new peers
- A chance for your child to learn to be more independent
- Working on following instructions from the teacher, sitting on the mat and listening, being responsible for their own belongings Practice writing his/her own name
- Eating their lunch in a group setting while being in charge of their own food items (ie practice opening their containers, learning about what types of foods are healthy for their brain and how to back up their lunch when finished) Work on fine and gross motor skills (ie hand/eye coordination activities, how to hold a pencil, hopping and jumping games)
- Most importantly, a great opportunity have fun and meet new friends/classmates, ensuring they are ready and confident for day 1!